Planning together for how, when, and what data will be shared helps partner use DTM data
- Partners and DTM should agree on modalities, times and frequency of data sharing already in the planning phase. (See the flow chart on Planning DTM Location Assessment with Data Users.
- DTM & Partners should jointly fill Column B, “Dissemination Category” of the DTM Data Analysis Plan template, before data is collected. (See the suggested template in DTM&Partners Toolkit). This is to identify the appropriate modality for dissemination of each dataset, ensure swift sharing of data for urgent action and avoid public sharing of sensitive datasets.
- DTM & Partners agree on data and modalities for URGENT ACTION data-sharing. This will ensure that DTM:
- Recognizes data needed by partners for immediate action.
- Knows how and with whom to share such data in real time.
- Also, Data Sharing agreements should be developed early, in the planning phase, so that data can be shared quickly and safely once collected.
- It is important that partner colleagues know where to find DTM data, how to add their address to the mailing list and inform their replacement when leaving.
- For information on How DTM shares data see: Where do I find DTM data and reports? How does DTM share data and reports?
- For examples of Data Sharing forms and guidelines, see: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/data-sharing
- Checklist for What to include in DTM reports and datasets, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/reporting
- Data-sharing Modalities, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/data-sharing
- Data Sharing forms and guidelines, in : https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/data-sharing
- Guideline for Interagency Sensitive data sharing, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/data-sharing-guidelines
- DTM Data Sharing Forms: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/dtm-data-sharing-forms
- Practical ways for safer data by TDH and CartONG, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/data-sharing