Lithuania — Surveys with Refugees from Ukraine: Needs, Intentions, and Integration Challenges (July - September 2023)
Sep 30 2023
- Flow Monitoring
This report is based on a survey of displacement patterns, needs and intentions conducted by IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) in the countries included in the Regional Response Plan for Ukraine in 2023: 6 countries neighbouring Ukraine – Belarus, Hungary, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania and Slovakia – and other 5 countries particularly impacted by the arrivals of refugees from Ukraine since the start of the war in February 2022 – Bulgaria, Czechia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The analysis presented in this report is based on data collected between July and September 2023.
- Top oblasts of origin: Kharkivska (17%), Donetska (12%), Zaporizka (10%), Khersonska (9%), Dnipropetrovska (7%).
- Intentions to move: no intention to move (86%), intention to move within current country (3%), intention to move to another country (1%). Top 3 cited countries were Canada, Poland, and the United Kingdom.
- Employment status: employed (37%), unemployed and looking for a job (24%), retired (14%), parental leave (8%), student (8%).
- Top needs:* financial support (39%), health services (31%), personal hygiene and sanitary supplies (26%), medicine (26%), language courses (23%).
- Top areas of assistance received:* food products (91%), personal hygiene and sanitary supplies (72%), transportation (67%), clothes & shoes (58%).
*multiple answers possible