DTM for Education
DTM can provide information to Education colleagues to complement the cluster’s own assessment (see: Joint Education Needs Assessment Toolkit) and information from other sources.
DTM worked with Global Education Cluster to identify information needed for analysis and response that DTM can collect through the methodologies that DTM field teams use. They also jointly developed short guidance and presentations that can help DTM and Partners in the field better work together to collect and use data for sectoral and inter-sectoral response.
Information commonly needed for Education are included in the DTM Field Companion for Education, formatted as a Data Analysis Plan: it includes suggested phrasing of questions and options for reply as well as descriptive analysis and possible use of data for each information need.
DTM Field Companion for Education is available in EXCEL and in PDF. In the pdf version, one information need is detailed in each page, while in the excel version, one information need is detailed in each row. The information is identical on both versions.
DTM and Global Education Cluster colleagues developed joint guidance on how to use DTM data for Education and an overview of how DTM can contribute to Education Cluster processes. The guide, the overview and the presentation (that colleagues can use and adjust to their context) are available at DTM&Partners Toolkit.
- Analysis Framework for Education: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/analytical-frameworks
- DTM Field Companions include specific information needs that Global experts identified for most sectors: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-sectoral-questions-location-assessmentt. Field companion for Education is available in two formats:
- PDF (one page one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-pdf,
- EXCEL (one row one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-excel
- How DTM contributes to Education Cluster processes: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/education
- Education Cluster guidance_DTM for Education: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/education
- Presentation on DTM for Education, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/education
- UNICEF Guide to Sector severity and priority IDP locations with DTM data, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/analysis