Yemen — Rapid Displacement Tracking Update (28 August - 3 September 2022)
Sep 03 2022
- Displacement Solutions
- Mobility Tracking
IOM Yemen DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects data on estimated numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis from their locations of origin or displacement, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of estimated numbers, geography, and needs. It also tracks returnees who returned to their location of origin.
From 1 January to 3 September 2022, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 8,636 households (HH) (51,816 Individuals) who experienced displacement at least once.
Between 28 August and 3 September 2022, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 52 households (312 individuals) displaced at least once. The majority of people moved into/within the following governorates and districts:
- Marib (31 HHs) – Marib City (19 HHs), Harib (6 HHs), Marib (6 HHs) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Shabwah and Marib.
- Ad Dali (11 HHs) – Ad Dali (9 HHs), Qatabah (2 HHs) districts. All displacements in the governorate were internal.
- Hadramawt (5 HHs) – Al Abr (5 HHs) district. All displacements in the governorate originated from Marib.
The majority of people moved from the following governorates and districts:
- Shabwah (14 HHs) – Ataq (14 HHs) district.
- Ad Dali (11 HHs) – Qatabah (7 HHs), Al Husha (4 HHs) districts.
- Marib (11 HHs) – Jabal Murad (6 HHs), Al Jubah (5 HHs) districts.
IOM identified 88 households displaced in the previous reporting period, which covered 21 August - 27 August 2022, in the governorates of Marib (52 HHs), Hadramawt (21 HHs), Al Hodeidah (7 HHs), Aden (5 HHs), Socotra (2 HHs), and Taiz (1 HHs). These figures have been added to the cumulative displacement total recorded since the beginning of the year.
· DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects and reports on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography and needs.
· DTM Yemen is unable to report on figures in some governorates due to access limitations.
Let us know if you need any further information regarding displacement in Yemen.