Republic of Moldova — Ukrainian Nationals Crossing Back to Ukraine — Annual Report (2023)




DTM Europe,
Period Covered
Jan 01 2023
Dec 31 2023
  • Survey

Key Findings:

  • Out of 8,421 respondents, 92 per cent were planning to return to the same oblast of origin while the remaining 8 per cent aimed to reach a different one. Out of those returning to a different oblast: Kyiv city, Vinnytska and Odeska
  • 84 per cent of respondents had crossed back to Ukraine twice or more prior to the survey.
  • 58 per cent were already displaced between January and June 2022.
  • Respondent's intentions: Short-term visit (56%), Long-term stay (27%), and unknown (17%).
  • Main priority needs that were cited by respondents include financial support (34%), medicine and health services (14%) and support with personal safety and security (13%)
  • 52 per cent of respondents stated they had no immediate needs.