Nigeria — Transhumance Tracking Tool Report — Flow Monitoring Dashboard 5 — Kaduna and Katsina states (April 2024)




DTM Nigeria,
Period Covered
Apr 01 2024
Apr 30 2024
  • Flow Monitoring

This report presents the data for the month of April 2024, collected through direct interviews and direct observation by DTM enumerators and triangulated via a network of key informants. It highlights the number of herders and their herds identified at 14 counting points in 7 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Kaduna and Katsina States. Notably, this enumeration included areas within the Kachia, Kaura and Kaita Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Kaduna and Katsina states, under the auspices of the Peacebuilding Fund. Additionally, it extended to Batsari, Jibia, Kankara, and Dan Musa LGAs of Katsina state, which were supported by the European Union Fund.
Faskari LGA did not experience any movement during this period.

In April 2024, Transhumance Flow Monitoring tool identified 506 herders in Kaduna State and 239 herders in Katsina State. The animal count was estimated at 22,153 for Kaduna State and 4,966 for Katsina State. Notably, 94 per cent of the total number of herders departed from states within Nigeria, while the remaining 6 per cent departed from Niger.