Nigeria — Transhumance Tracking Tool Report — Early Warning Dashboard 11 (November 2022)




DTM Nigeria,
Period Covered
Nov 01 2022
Nov 30 2022
  • Flow Monitoring
  • Event Tracking

As a component of the IOM's Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), the Transhumance Tracking Tool (TTT) Early Warning System, with support from community focal points and key informants, collects information on alerts relating to transhumance activities and movements in 5 Local Government Areas in Adamawa State (Demsa, Girei, Lamurde, Numan and Mayo-Belwa).
During this period, 248 alerts were recorded. These alerts consist of 230 events (93%) and 18 movements (7%). The reported events are instances that are related to agro-pastoral conflicts, inter and inter-community tensions, violent clashes, kidnapping for ransom, cattle rustling, robberies etc. Demsa and Lamurde LGA recorded the highest number of alerts occurred in at 27 per cent each, while Mayo-Belwa, Girei and Numan LGAs recorded 17, 15 and 14 per cent, respectively. Disaggregated data at the ward level suggested that Ndikong ward in Mayo-Belwa LGA and Nassarawo Demsa ward in Demsa LGA recorded a high number of 10 and 8 percent of the total alerts, respectively. Of the total alerts, 22 per cent resulted in casualties or injuries. None of the reported events resulted to population displacements.

Also identified from the November 2022 TTT early warning data, are potential areas that are related to transhumance, that are prone to conflicts. Some of these localities are in Demsa, Fufore, Girei, Lamurde, Mayo-Belwa, Numan, and Shelleng LGAs.