Nigeria — Custom House Camp Biometric Registration Report (13 January 2018)
- Biometric Registration
Biometric Registration, conducted by IOM Nigeria’s DTM Unit at Custom House Camp in Jere, captured 2,124 displaced households (9,235 displaced persons). The overall average family size within the location is 4.3, with 19 per cent of families comprising of 1-2 members; 39 per cent comprising of 3-4 members; 31 per cent comprising of 5-6 members; 9 per cent comprising of 7-8 members; and 2 per cent comprising of 9-10 members. During the registration exercise, the enumerators collected vulnerability data to identify individuals who may require additional humanitarian assistance. Out of the total population registered, 11 per cent are people experiencing at least one of the vulnerabilities. Vulnerability figures are obtained through interviews with heads of households, in the presence of other family members. The majority - 64 per cent of the IDPs in the camp - were displaced from neighbouring Mafa Local Government Area (LGA); 28 per cent are originally from Dikwa LGA; 5 per cent are from Konduga LGA; 2 per cent are from Bama LGA; and 1 per cent have been displaced from other wards in Jere LGA.