Libya — Storm Daniel Flash Update 5 (20 September 2023)
Snapshot DateSep 20 2023
- An estimated 43,059 individuals have been displaced by the floods in northeastern Libya.
- The lack of water supply is reportedly driving many displaced out of Derna to eastern and western municipalities, which explains a reduction in the overall number of displaced individuals in Derna.
- Displaced individuals continue to move out of Derna to eastern locations including Tobruk (1,320 individuals) and Benghazi (730 individuals). The majority of them are hosted by relatives.
- Field observers report that displaced families from Derna continue to arrive to the western municipalities of Tripoli, Hai Alandalus, Misrata, Ghiryan and Qasr bin Ghasheer (see map 2). Most of them are staying with host families.
- Urgent needs include food, drinking water, and mental health and psychosocial support.