Latvia — On the Way Back to Ukraine: Surveys with Refugees on Destinations, Length of Stay & Assistance (April - June 2023)
ContactDTM Europe, DTMMediterranean@iom.int
Period CoveredApr 01 2023
Jun 30 2023
- Flow Monitoring
- Top 3 countries of stay abroad: Poland (36%), Germany (23%), Russian Federation (17%). • Top oblasts of origin: Donetska (26%), Luhanska (18%), Khersonska (18%).
- Destinations in Ukraine: going to same oblast of origin (83%), to a different oblast (17%): Donetska, the city of Kiyv, Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Mykolaivska.
- Transport to Ukraine: minibus (44%), car (25%), foot (21%).
- Intentions after arrival to Ukraine: long-term stay (47%), short-term visit (37%), 15% do not know. One per cent did not answer.
- Top needs on the way to Ukraine:* general information (89%), food supply (11%), short-term accommodation (3%).
- Top areas of assistance received:* financial support (96%), accommodation (68%), food (58%), sanitary supplies (39%).
* more than one answer possible