Haiti — Emergency Tracking Tool 12 — Displacement at Cabaret (19 — 20 April 2023)
Apr 20 2023
- Mobility Tracking
- Event Tracking
The third section Source Matelas, located in the municipality of Cabaret (West district) has faced attacks of armed individuals as of 19 April 2023. In addition to loss of life (including the drowning of persons who were fleeing by boat), burning and looting of houses, these attacks have also caused the displacement of approximatively 3,740 individuals (1,076 households) who mainly took refuge in three municipalities : Arcahaie in the West district (88% of displaced persons took refuge in locations of this municipality), Saint-Marc in Artibonite district (9%) and Cabaret (3%). Most of displaced persons are hosted in host communities (93%) while the remaining 7 per cent are hosted in 8 spontaneous sites located in the third section des Vases, in the municipality of Arcahaie.