DTM Sudan - Weekly Displacement Snapshot (1)
- Mobility Tracking
- Baseline Assessment
From 15 April 2023, armed clashes erupted between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in multiple cities across Sudan. Clashes initially took place in cities across Northern and Khartoum states, later spreading across the Darfur and Kordofan regions.
- DTM Sudan estimates that 3,801,754 Individuals (759,651 Households) have been recently internally displaced.
- The current assessment has observed the IDP caseload in all of Sudan’s 18 states.
- The highest proportions of IDPs have been observed in River Nile (13.47%), East Darfur (10.39%), Northern (9.58%), South Darfur (8.42%), Sennar (7.67%), and White Nile (7.49%).
- Field teams report that the IDPs observed were originally displaced from eight states. The majority (2,766,600 IDPs, 72.77%) have been reportedly displaced from Khartoum state; followed by South Darfur (9.39%), North Darfur (8.62%), Central Darfur (3.94%), West Darfur (3.52%), South Kordofan (1.30%), North Kordofan (0.45%), and Aj Jazirah (0.01%).
- DTM also reports the Mixed Cross-Border Movements of 1,072,804 individuals into neighbouring countries.