DTM worked with Global GBV AoR to identify information needed for analysis and response that DTM can collect through the methodologies that DTM field teams use. They also jointly developed short guidance and presentations that can help DTM and Partners in the field better work together to collect and use data for sectoral and inter-sectoral response.
Information commonly needed for GBV are included in the DTM Field Companion for GBV, formatted as a Data Analysis Plan: it includes suggested phrasing of questions and options for reply as well as descriptive analysis and possible use of data for each information need.
In all contexts, colleagues must keep in mind: Do not include GBV questions that aim at collecting data on incidence, prevalence, or types of GBV occurring. Inclusion of these questions can harm people.
DTM Field Companion for GBV is available in Excel and in PDF. In the pdf version, one information need is detailed in each page, while in the excel version, one information need is detailed in each row. The information is identical on both versions.
DTM and Global GBV AoR colleagues developed joint guidance on how to use DTM data for GBV. See the 4-pager Using DTM to collect data for GBV response (MSLA-KII) and the detailed guide DTM for GBV AoR .
Check the recording of the 2023 HNPW session on WALKING BACKWARDS for an evidence-based response: Experiences from the field- featuring Global and National Protection Cluster, GBV, Child Protection and Mine Action Areas of Responsibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss6_xIOGhw
In addition, Video and E-Learning are also available at links below
- GBV Analysis Framework, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/analytical-frameworks
- DTM Field Companions include specific information needs that Global experts identified for most sectors: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-sectoral-questions-location-assessmentt. Field companion for GBV is available in two formats:
- PDF (one page one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-pdf,
- EXCEL (one row one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-excel
- Guide 4-pager Using DTM to collect data for GBV response (MSLA-KII): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/gbv-0
- Detailed guide DTM for GBV AoR: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/gbv-0.
- Video on Data for GBV: https://youtu.be/VUym58kqXkw
- E-Learning on Data for GBV on E-Campus: https://www.ecampus.iom.int/
- Training on data for GBV and Training on GBV for enumerators, in: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/trainings
- Training on safely responding to Incidents Disclosure during data collection (for enumerators, GBV, Protection and Data Collection coordinators): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/trainings