DTM Field Companion for Child Protection (CP)
DTM worked with Global CP Area of Responsibility to identify information needed for analysis and response that DTM can collect through the methodologies that DTM field teams use. They also jointly developed short guidance and presentations that can help DTM and Partners in the field better work together to collect and use data for sectoral and inter-sectoral response.
Information commonly needed for CP are included in the DTM Field Companion for CP, formatted as a Data Analysis Plan: it includes suggested phrasing of questions and options for reply as well as descriptive analysis and possible use of data for each information need.
DTM Field Companion for CP is available in EXCEL and in PDF. In the pdf version, one information need is detailed in each page, while in the excel version, one information need is detailed in each row. The information is identical on both versions.
DTM and Global CP Area of Responsibility colleagues developed joint guidance on how to use DTM data for CP. The detailed CP AoR guidance on DTM for CP, the PIM matrix for Child Protection overview and the presentation on DTM for Children on the Move.
Check the recording of the 2023 HNPW session on WALKING BACKWARDS for an evidence-based response: Experiences from the field- featuring Global and National Protection Cluster, GBV, Child Protection and Mine Action Areas of Responsibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss6_xIOGhw
In addition, a video explaining how to collect useful data for Disability Inclusion and an E-Learning module are also available at the links below.
- CP Analysis Framework: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/analytical-frameworks
- DTM Field Companions include specific information needs that Global experts identified for most sectors: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-sectoral-questions-location-assessmentt. Field companion on Child Protection is available in two formats:
- PDF (one page one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-pdf,
- EXCEL (one row one question): https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/field-companion-excel
- “CP AoR guidance on DTM for CP”: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/child-protection
- “PIM matrix for Child Protection” overview: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/child-protection
- Presentation on “DTM for Children on the Move: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/child-protection
- Video on Data for Child Protection: https://youtu.be/gDC2ksDo13g
- E-Learning on E-Campus: https://www.ecampus.iom.int/
- In addition, see the step-by-step “UNICEF Guide to Sector severity and priority IDP locations with DTM data: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/analysis
- Training on data for CP and Training on CP for enumerators: https://dtm.iom.int/dtm-partners-toolkit/trainings
CP AoR has also developed the NIAF Handbook (Needs Identification Analysis Framework), detailing the place of DTM MSLA data in the analysis done by the sector.