Republic of Moldova — Surveys with Foreign Populations in Cahul and Balti Municipalities: Joint MGI-DTM Initiative (Feb-Mar 2023)
ContactoDTM Europe, DTMMediterranean@iom.int
UbicaciónRepublic of Moldova
Fecha de instantáneaFeb 06 2023
Mar 11 2023
The findings presented in this report draw on a survey of sociodemographic characteristics, mobility, vulnerability, needs, and access to public services among migrant populations namely Ukrainian refugees and Third-Country Nationals within Cahul and Balti municipalities in the Republic of Moldova. The DTM survey aims to complement the Migration Governance Indicators (MGI) analysis and contribute to a better understanding of migration within the two regions, strengthen the capacities of local authorities, promote sustainable interventions, and improve the well-being of migrants and host communities.
The questionnaire consisted of 6 parts as follows:
- Section 1 - Survey location, enumerator details and respondent’s consent to participate in the survey.
- Section 2 - Demographic and social profile of the respondents (citizenship, reasons for travelling to the Republic of Moldova, gender, age, marital status and spoken languages).
- Section 3 - Travel characteristics and the mobility of target populations, their intended destinations, length of stay in the Republic of Moldova, reasons for choosing the country of destination as well as the size and composition of their households.
- Section 4 - Living conditions, vulnerabilities and needed support.
- Section 5 - Access to public services and their economic, social and cultural integration, providing insight into possible needs for services and integration programmes based on migrants’ socioeconomic and professional profile analyses, including programmes for recognizing informal skills, psychosocial and emotional counselling, and children’s integration services.
- Section 6 - The last part of the survey comprises the protection components related to unfair or unequal treatment (due to race, nationality, or ethnicity).
All indicators collected under this exercise are aligned with DTM guidelines and data dictionary to ensure further cross-analysis and triangulation with other assessments conducted in the country and the region