Haiti — Emergency Tracking Tool 16 — Summary of displacement that occurred in April 2023 (April 2023)
Apr 30 2023
- Mobility Tracking
- Event Tracking
The objective of the Emergency Tracking Tool (ETT) is to collect information on large and sudden population movements as well as security and climatic emergencies. Information is collected through phone interviews with key informants and direct observation. This dashboard presents information on important population displacements that occurred during the month of April 2023 in Haiti.
During this month, several violent events led to massive population displacements in the Western district in Haiti. In total, 8,919 individuals (2,261 households) were displaced, representing 19 percent less compared to March 2023 when 11,036 people were displaced. The municipalities of Cabaret (42%) and Port-au-Prince (27%) were the main origins of IDPs. And locations located in the municipalities of Arcahaie (34%) and Port-au-Prince (24%) were their main destinations. The majority of IDPs (76%) took refuge in host communities and the rest (24%) in sites.