DTM Data Governance Support Consultant
DTM Data Governance Manager
Global DTM Coordinator
Number of positions
1st April 2020
I. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) gathers and analyze data to disseminate critical multi layered information on the mobility, vulnerabilities, and needs of displaced and mobile populations that enables decision makers and responders to provide these populations with better context specific assistance.
Under the direct supervision of the DTM Data Governance Manager, and the overall supervision of the Global DTM Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting contextualization, operationalization, and implementation of IOM Migration Data Governance Policy into DTM operations worldwide.
II. RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Provide technical and operational support to contextualize, further test, and operationalize the IOM Migration Data Governance Policy for DTM operations worldwide.
- Support the development and further improvement of supporting tools for the operationalization of the policy. This includes, but not limited to, tools to support the field processes for delineation of data governance roles to DTM staff, classifications of DTM datasets, development of contextualized operating procedures for data handling and sharing, and strengthening measures for data protection, security and ethics.
- Facilitate, track, and follow up the roll out consultation process with DTM teams in IOM regional offices and missions related to the operationalization of the policy to DTM operations worldwide. This includes provision of remote support or onsite travel to field missions as required.
- Support and follow up the coordination within the Global DTM Support Team, including especially with the Data Management Unit and Operations and Methodological Framework Unit, to ensure proper adjustments in data and operational processes are done and in relevance to the operationalization of IOM Migration Data Governance Policy.
- Support in the development, adaptation, and delivery of relevant training materials related to DTM data governance at global, regional and/or country level.
- Document processes and lessons learned related to contextualization, operationalization, and implementation of IOM Migration Data Governance Policy into DTM implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of system/mechanism to monitor compliance to the IOM Migration Data Governance Policy for DTM implementation worldwide.
- Continuously explore and recommend opportunities for potential innovative tools and solutions to further support the operationalization of IOM Migration Data Governance Policy for DTM implementation worldwide.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, Migration Studies, Social Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, efficiency and flexibility. Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and quality and capacity to meet deadlines. Strong analytical skills and creative thinking.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Strong and demonstrable interest in migration, disaster management and/or humanitarian issues;
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Excellent communication skills; capable to share ideas and explain results to all levels of the Organization and stakeholders;
- Experience in working on big data sets to perform data quality checking and clearing;
- Proficient in Data Mapping, Data analysis and good knowledge in the Financial domain;
Experience in data modelling to analyze large volumes of data to provide necessary metrics;
Required: Fluency in English is required.
Advantageous: Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format and only one file with your name and surname) to firstname.lastname@example.org adding DTM Data Governance Consultant London in the subject line, no later than Friday 13th March.