Data Analyst and Reporting Consultant
The Chief of Mission in IOM Chad and the Emergency Program Coordinator
Number of positions
As soon as possible
I. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in IOM Chad and the Emergency Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting DTM analysis and data-related activities in Chad alongside the DTM coordinator.
The wide range of Displacement Tracking Matrix projects ongoing in Chad reflects significant data needs in the country both in term of internal displacement and in term of wider migration and human mobility patterns. This position is meant to support the DTM coordinator on all data aspects of the work related to DTM which may include data systems set-up at the start of a project (mobile data collection, datasets preparation), data check during projects and data analysis and support to reporting.
The incumbent will be working in a structured team that will include two other support positions: junior data analyst based in London, national IM staff which will be complementary in tasks. The incumbent is expected to support data set-up and systems, he/she will mostly be asked to support DTM analysis and reporting on key products such as dashboards, narrative reports and additional data visuals.
II. RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Insure strong data set-up for all DTM activities in Chad, including but not limited to: flow monitoring points, mobility tracking exercises, household surveys, registrations and ad-hoc research activities. Data set-up includes:
- Ensure coherence of DTM forms with DTM standard through liaison with Regional Office
- Ensure compliance of DTM Chad to data protection and data collection standards
- If necessary, set-up servers in DTM Chad
- Provide guidance and capacity building to enumerators and DTM colleagues with respect to DTM data systems and data collection tools
- Work in close collaboration with the DTM Coordinator, the Regional Office and DTM Unit at IOM Geneva Headquarters (HQs) to contribute to the development of improvements in methodologies and assessment tools.
- Support DTM department on the analysis and production of DTM reports and all other publications related to DTM department, ensuring timely inputs from program and targeted dissemination
- Perform preliminary analysis of DTM data and contribute to the development of useful reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the provision of timely, accurate, standardized, and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders (humanitarian as well as transition/recovery actors) regarding movements, new displacements, mobility trends, using DTM and other type of data.
- Travel regularly to field locations to provide technical support to heads of sub-offices and DTM staff. Organize appropriate capacity-building activities on topics related to DTM data.
- Share concise analytical reporting in regular intervals in the form of dashboards, mapping and narrative reports on general mobility trends as well as specific research.
- Facilitate and encourage the integration of gender and disability perspectives and attention to specific women/girl's and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all IDPs/returnee activities.
- Develop most DTM reporting products in coordination with IOM DTM teams in RO Dakar (Data and Research Unit) and DTM HQ.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management, Demography, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
- IM/Quantitative data collection experience needed.
- Expert use of Excel (analysis, cleaning, compilation maintenance, etc.)
- SPSS and/or Stata an asset.
- Report writing skills
- Data visual experience (Excel, PowerBI, Powerpoint, Publisher, Abode, Tableau, etc.)
- Good understand of basic statistics and data analysis
- Has led training on data collection, methodology, etc.
- Fluency in English and French is required
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format and only one file with your name and surname, adding portfolio/example of work) to email@example.com adding Data Analyst and Reporting Consultan, Chad in the subject line, no later than Sunday 11th October.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and incomplete applications or submitted in more than one file (CV+cover letter in PDF format) will not be considered