IOM Yemen DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects data on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis from their locations of origin or displacement, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography, and needs. It also tracks Returnees who returned to their location of origin.
From 01 January 2021 to 28 August 2021 , IOM Yemen DTM estimates that 9,158 households (HH) (54,948 Individuals) have experienced displacement at least once.
Since the beginning of 2021, DTM also identified 547 displaced households who left their locations of displacement and either moved back to their place of origin or another location.
Between 22 August 2021 and 28 August 2021, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 170 households (1,020 individuals) displaced at least once. The highest number of displacements were seen in:
- Marib (58 HH) – Marib City (20 HH), Sirwah (20 HH), Marib (10 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Marib and Ibb.
- Taizz (36 HH) – Jabal Habashy (10 HH), Al Misrakh (9 HH), Mawza (6 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Taizz and Al Hudaydah.
- Shabwah (35 HH) – Ataq (12 HH), Usaylan (10 HH), Ain (7 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Shabwah and Al Bayda.
- Most displacements resulted from the increased conflict in the following governorates and districts.
- Taizz (34 HH) – Maqbanah (17 HH), Sabir Al Mawadim (3 HH), At Ta'iziyah (2 HH) districts.
- Marib (26 HH) – Sirwah (20 HH), Jabal Murad (3 HH), Rahabah (3 HH) districts.
- Shabwah (24 HH) – Bayhan (24 HH) district.