Yemen — Rapid Displacement Tracking Update (16 May To 22 May 2021)
Aug 22 2021
- Displacement Solutions
- Rapid Emergency Registration
- Mobility Tracking
IOM Yemen DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects data on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis from their locations of origin or displacement, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography, and needs. It also tracks Returnees who returned to their location of origin.
From 01 January 2021 to 22 May 2021, IOM Yemen DTM estimates that 5,625 households (HH) (33,750 Individuals) have experienced displacement at least once.
Between 16 May 2021 and 22 May 2021, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 70 households (420 individuals) displaced at least once. The highest number of displacements were seen in:
- Al Dhale'e (27 HH) – Ad Dhale'e (15 HH), Qa'atabah (11 HH), Al Hussein (1 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Al Dhale'e and Taizz.
- Taizz (12 HH) – Jabal Habashy (9 HH), Al Misrakh (2 HH), Salh (1 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Taizz and Shabwah.
- Marib (10 HH) – Harib (6 HH), Al Jubah (2 HH), Marib City (2 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Al Hudaydah and Al Bayda.
Most displacements resulted from the increased conflict in the following governorates and districts.
- Al Dhale'e (19 HH) – Qa'atabah (10 HH), Al Husha (9 HH) districts.
- Al Hudaydah (19 HH) – Hays (9 HH), Ad Durayhimi (6 HH), As Sukhnah (2 HH) districts.
- Taizz (14 HH) – Maqbanah (9 HH), Mawiyah (3 HH), Salh (2 HH) districts.
Some 15 HH were displaced in the previous reporting period, which covered 09 May - 15 May 2021. However, they were only identified in the current period and so, this figure has been added to the cumulative displacement total recorded from the beginning of the year.
Since the beginning of 2021, DTM also identified 460 displaced households who left their locations of displacement and either moved back to their place of origin or another location.