IOM Yemen DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects data on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis from their locations of origin or displacement, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography, and needs. It also tracks Returnees who returned to their location of origin.
From 01 January 2021 to 11 December 2021, IOM Yemen DTM estimates that 22,925 households (HH) (137,550 Individuals) have experienced displacement at least once.
Since the beginning of 2021, DTM also identified 4,404 displaced households who left their locations of displacement and either moved back to their place of origin or another location.
Between 05 and 11 December 2021, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 961 households (5,766 individuals) displaced at least once. The top three governorates and districts where people moved into/within are:
- Marib (607 HH) – Marib (323 HH), Marib City (284 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
- Al Hodeidah (119 HH) – Al Khukhah (80 HH), Hays (39 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
- Taiz (95 HH) – Mawza (41 HH), Al Makha (20 HH), Salah (14 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate originated from Taiz and Al Hodeidah.
Most displacements resulted from the increased conflict in the following governorates and districts.
- Marib (604 HH) – Marib (534 HH), Al Jubah (53 HH), Harib (10 HH) districts.
- Al Hodeidah (156 HH) – Hays (90 HH), Jabal Ras (28 HH), Al Jarrahi (23 HH) districts.
- Taiz (93 HH) – Maqbanah (71 HH), Sabir Al Mawadim (8 HH), At Taiziyah (3 HH) districts.
Some 162 HH displaced in the previous reporting period, which covered 28 November - 04 December 2021, in the governorates of Marib (76 HH), Taiz (53 HH), Al Hodeidah (18 HH), Aden (8 HH), Al Maharah (7 HH), were only identified in the current period and so, this figure has been added to the cumulative displacement total recorded from the beginning of the year.