DTM Fragility, Solutions, and Mobility (FSM) Consultant
Senior DTM Coordination Manager
Number of positions
Jan 1 2022
I. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) gathers and analyze data to disseminate critical multi layered information on the mobility, vulnerabilities, and needs of displaced and mobile populations that enables decision makers and responders to provide these populations with better context specific assistance.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior DTM Coordination Manager, and the overall supervision of the Global DTM Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible to support the development and implementation of Fragility, Solutions, and Mobility (FSM) workstream within the Global DTM Support Team.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Support the development and implementation of FSM workstream at the global level and in the field. This includes, but not limited to, technical design, implementation, and refinement of FSM tools and applications, development of multi-layered analysis frameworks and models, and implementation in field operations as required.
- Support internal coordination on the various FSM topics between DTM and other relevant IOM’s programming or thematic areas as required.
- Provide remote or on-site (deployment) field technical and/or operational support for DTM implementation in the field in relation to the FSM workstream.
- Support in technical liaison with relevant external counterparts as required in relation to FSM workstream. This includes representation in the relevant technical inter-agency forums at global level.
- Ensure the application of data responsibility and data ethics measures, safeguards, and standards across all elements of FSM development and implementation, at the global level and in the field.
- Research, review, analyze, and recommend improvement on tools, methods, frameworks and best practices in relation to FSM workstream
- Support in engaging DTM operations worldwide regularly to explore and recommend potential FSM implementation and expansion in the fields.
- Support in exploring further maximization of data use in various thematic areas across the humanitarian, development, and migration programming in relation to FSM continued development and implementation.
- Support in training and capacity building activities for DTM personnel worldwide in relation to FSM workstream.
- Support in the organization and participation in various relevant events, meeting, and webinars related to FSM or in which FSM can contribute to.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Statistics or Quantitative field (Math, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics/Chemistry, Bioinformatics, etc.), or, alternatively, an equivalent combination of related education and professional experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of humanitarian, transition and recovery, and/or development projects and programming.
- Experience in works related to prioritization index in humanitarian, development, and/or migration programming.
- Experience in implementing large data and information projects informing multi-sectoral programming areas.
- Experience developing best practices and tools to harmonize data collection and consolidation of datasets/databases.
- Experience in working with large population database will be a significant advantage.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite. Additionally, proficiency on database software, GIS, and data visualization tools, will be an advantage.
- Skills in statistics and statistical methods, survey and assessment methodologies, and development of analysis framework and analytical outputs.
- Skills in supporting the coordination of multi-stakeholder engagement at global and field level.
- Have a solid awareness of existing and new developments in responsible, inclusive and ethical data science practices.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format and only one file with your name and surname) to firstname.lastname@example.org adding DTM Fragility, Solutions, and Mobility (FSM) Consultant Geneva in the subject line, no later than Sunday 23rd January.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered